Because it wouldn’t be Valentines Day without a little chocolate. The trick is to find a guilt-free, healthy recipe so that you’re still fueling your body with healthy ingredients and staying on track with your goals. You’ll never guess the secret healthy ingredient in this cake, and your partner won’t either, so get baking!
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp ground flax
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (250g) frozen cauliflower (thawed completely, but not cooked)
- 2/3 cup almond milk, or milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 180 degree, and grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, and mix very well.
- Combine all liquid ingredients and the cauliflower into a food processor and blend until super smooth, so there are no lumps whatsoever.
- Pour wet into dry, and mix until just combined, and then pour into prepared pan, sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely. After this day, cake is best stored in the fridge.